Westernport Water is striving to deliver better tasting water
Every year, we are making improvements to our treatment process and undertaking maintenance activities, such as flushing and air scouring, to ensure that our pipes are kept clean and our water is as fresh as possible. Our team is implementing a number of improvements to our water purification processes which includes:
- installation of a vertical profiler in Candowie Reservoir to increase understanding of raw water and to provide early warning of changes to water quality
- an upgrade to the Powder Activated Carbon treatment process to improve the taste of water
- a water quality database to analyse trends to optimise the treatment process.
Where is this happening?
- Candowie Reservoir
- Backflow prevention – farms, industrial and commercial properties
- Water mains cleaning – all Westernport Water service areas
How will this impact the community?
We will continue to ensure that your water is safe to drink by regularly testing and monitor the quality of our water.
Please email email@example.com or call 1300 720 711 if you would like more information about the project.