Be Smart, Choose Tap
Tap water is the best choice for your health, the environment and your hip pocket.
Choose Tap Initiative
Westernport Water is helping customers to enjoy a healthy, environmentally friendly and low-cost community lifestyle through the Choose Tap Initiative. Choose Tap aims to promote the benefits of drinking tap water as part of a healthy lifestyle and as a positive alternative to bottled water.
More than a billion people worldwide do not have access to safe drinking water – but sometimes in Australia we take our quality tap water for granted.
It just doesn’t make sense.
Australians spend more than $600 million a year on bottled water, which is not only putting greater strain on the environment, it’s an expense we could easily avoid.
- Approximately 50% of bottles sold in the bottled water market end up in landfill.
- Tap Water is about 2,000 times cheaper per litre than bottled water.
- With the $3 spent on a litre bottle of water, you can refill a 1 litre drink bottle from the tap every day for 2 years!!
- Over 25% of kids in Victoria are either overweight or obese, with poor diet a large contributing factor.
- Drinking tap water can be a major aspect of leading a healthy lifestyle.
Choose Tap is a campaign that benefits customers in all walks of life and is playing a valuable role supporting community sport, local festivals, education, parks and gardens and the health sector. See the below links for more information.