Working at Westernport Water
Are you an enthusiastic self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude?
Do you have a genuine commitment to achieving results and delivering a high level of customer service?
Your new and exciting career in water is just around the corner!
At Westernport Water we have transformed the way we do business. With an innovative Executive Team and a strong commitment to our customers, it’s a great time to join the team.
Westernport Water continues to be a great place to work by offering our people:
- A truly flexible working environment with a range of provisions to support work/life balance
- Unique opportunities for staff to develop capability and contribute to the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Innovative systems and processes for a safe and welcoming workplace, including a highly regarded wellbeing program
- A focus on positive culture and engaged employees in alignment with our values of ‘Care, Courage and Commitment’
You’ll find exciting opportunities by visiting our Careers Portal.
How to apply
Just make sure you complete all of the steps by including your:
- cover letter
- a copy of your resume
- your response to the Key Selection Criteria. Make sure you include examples of your experiences and how you have achieved results.
If we don’t have any advertised positions at the moment you can create a profile and we’ll let you know when one comes up that might be right for you.
How to respond to the Key Selection Criteria
Responding to the Key Selection Criteria is a great way to tell us what you’ve done, how you’ve done it and the results you have achieved. It means that we get to know a bit about you and your qualifications, knowledge, skills abilities and work experience.
Our Recruitment process and requirements
1. Apply (including your responses to the Key Selection Criteria)
You will be contacted for an interview if your application meets the role’s key selection criteria.
2. Come in for an Interview
Meet us face-to-face – this gives us the chance to learn more about you and to explain the position.
3. Reference checks
Provide at least two professional referees that we can have a chat with
4. Additional checks
Depending on the role, you may be asked to:
- complete a medical assessment
- complete a national police record check
- provide evidence of required vaccinations
- provide identification documents
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia.
5. Offer and acceptance If successful, you will be verbally offered the position. We will then send you a formal employment agreement.
At Westernport Water we are committed to building and maintaining a team of talented, enthusiastic people who foster a culture of inclusion and are as diverse as the community we serve.
We celebrate and support differences in the workplace for the benefit of our employees and our community. We share a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. We offer reasonable adjustments for applicants with disabilities.
Got any questions? All enquiries relating to the current vacancies can be made to the Human Resources Coordinator, on 1300 720 711 or email us.