Climate Change Strategy 2023-28
Westernport Water’s latest Climate Change Strategy outlines our plans to reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2035 and 100% sourced renewable energy by 2025.
Over the next five years, we will invest $20 million in climate-related capital improvement projects, including:
- a feasibility study for a biogas facility to turn waste into energy
- more solar panels across our sites
- the installation of floating wetlands into the wastewater treatment process
- increased recycled water usage
- revegetation of land
- transition to electric vehicles.
“We know that customers want us to focus on reducing our emissions and providing positive environmental outcomes for the community, and this strategy aims to do just that.”