Wastewater Banner

Wastewater services

There are two wastewater treatment plants in the Westernport region. These process 1100 megalitres (ML) of domestic wastewater each year.

The Cowes Wastewater Treatment Plant (CWWTP) is the main plant treating 90 per cent of waste by volume.  The secondary plant, the King Road Wastewater Treatment Plant (KRWWTP) in Coronet Bay, treats the remaining 10 per cent of waste by volume.  Both accept domestic waste only.

The CWWTP can treat up to 8.5 ML per day and the KRWWTP can treat up to 0.35ML per day.

Westernport Water supplies wastewater services to 90 per cent of properties that receive water.

Wastewater charges

  • Wastewater charges are levied as a stepped annual service charge.
  • There is no volume charge component.
  • All serviced properties are liable for an annual service charge, whether connected or not.
  • Properties with more than two cisterns are levied a cistern charge for each additional cistern.

Please download a copy of an Application for Sewer Connection 2018-19 (188 KB) form.

You can contact Westernport Water on 1300 720 711 or email westport@westernportwater.com.au for more information about sewer connections.

For more information about wastewater charges visit our Access & usage charges pages: