Seventeen local not-for-profit organisations, encompassing community groups, sports clubs, and schools, have been selected to receive $30,000 in sponsorship funding through Westernport Water’s Community Support Program for 2023-24.
The following successful applicants have been awarded funding to support local events and initiatives, covering a range of projects such as drinking fountains, water-saving devices, revegetation projects, and efforts related to environmental and water conservation.
The successful applicants are:
- Artists Society of Phillip Island
- Cowes Yacht Club Inc
- Destination Phillip Island
- Kilcunda Community Association Incorporated
- Phillip Island Bicycle User Group Inc.
- Phillip Island Community Orchard
- Phillip Island & District Railway Modellers Inc.
- Phillip Island Fire Brigade
- Phillip Island Golf Club
- Phillip Island Landcare Group
- Phillip Island Progress Association (Carols By The Bay)
- Phillip Island Ukulele Group Incorporation
- Powlett River Primary School
- San Remo District Tourism & Business Inc.
- The Island Story Gatherers Inc.
- Threatened Species Conservancy
- Totally Renewable Tenby
Quotes attributed to Dona Tantirimudalige, Managing Director of Westernport Water
“I congratulate all the recipients of our Community Support Program and express my appreciation to all those who committed their time to apply.”
“At Westernport Water, we take great pride in our active involvement within the community, especially in our commitment to fostering well-being, community strength, and environmental sustainability.”
“Our sponsorship will support the outstanding efforts of community groups, which make a meaningful contribution to positive social and environmental change.”