Recycled water for commercial customers
Customers interested in using Class A recycled water for commercial purposes are encouraged to contact Westernport Water’s Wastewater Quality Officer, who can assist with your enquiry and in understanding the requirements to connect to the recycled water network.
Westernport Water has assumed responsibility for all recycled water plumbing inspections from Victoria Building Authority. Recycled water plumbing inspections are required at three stages of a residential property development:
- Stage 1 (R1) Meter to dwelling – service pipes exposed below ground between meter assembly & house
- Stage 2 (R2) Rough-in – pipework to fixtures within the house prior to plaster installation
- Stage 3 (R3) Commissioning – property development is complete.
Plumber is responsible to book in R1, R2 and R3 inspections at appropriate stages of building construction and pass these inspections. Westernport Water reserves the right not to connect recycled water to properties which have not passed R1, R2 and R3 inspections in order to protect public health.
To book your recycled water inspection
- Call 1300 720 711, fill in the below enquiry form or email us at: email@example.com
- Ask your Plumber to call 1300 720 711 or fill in this Plumbers Recycled Water booking form
Bookings must be made at least 2 business days in advance and are carried out between
8:30am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
If we are unable to attend to any booked inspections a WPW plumbing inspector will contact you directly to re-schedule. If you do not hear from WPW, assume that the booking made will be attended at the time scheduled.