- Water levels on the up 6 Jun 2013
Above average rainfall for May has turned the tide at Candowie Reservoir.
- Improved water quality for Grantville, Pioneer Bay and surrounding areas 24 May 2013
Chloramination, a treatment process designed to reduce chlorine taste and odour in drinking water, soon to flow to customers in....
- Candowie water levels begin to rise 21 May 2013
Recent rain provides some welcomed inflows for Candowie Reservoir
- Faulty braided tap hoses responsible for flood damage 7 May 2013
Customer warning... failure of braided flexible tap hoses results in costly flood damage.
- Dry patch for Candowie Reservoir 30 Apr 2013
A combination of reduced rainfall and planned draw down can explain the current low level of Candowie Reservoir. Read more...
- Small water Corporation making a big difference 26 Apr 2013
Staff at Westernport Water participate in Walk 4 Water event during March raising money for water projects in developing countries.
- ESC public Consultation 17 Apr 2013
Folowing the release of the ESC draft decision on Water Plan 3, the Commission will be holding a public forum in Cowes to discuss the review with the Westernport Water community.
- The Ripple Effect - Custmer Newsletter - Autumn 2013 4 Apr 2013
Download a copy of our Autumn edition of The Ripple Effect customer news.
- Reservoir upgrade progresses well during dry period 27 Mar 2013
Low rainfall an advantage for the upgrade of Candowie Reservoir.
- Candowie Reservoir to double in size 8 Feb 2013
Construction to double the holding capacity of Candowie Reservoir is well underway....read more
- Have your say on local waterway 6 Nov 2012
Minister for Water urges Victorians to have their say on the future management of our waterways.
- Interruption to Water Supply 30 Oct 2012
Planned works - Interruption to Water Supply
- Artistic Students Display Their Knowledge of Water 21 Oct 2012
Westernport Water’s annual school poster competition achieved a new record, exceeding previous years with an epic 355 entries received from all schools within Westernport Water’s district. Winners have been announced including the school who achieved the most finalists.
- Air scouring begins 15 Oct 2012
Air scouring maintenance is scheduled to take place between Wednesday 17 & Thursday 25 Oct. During these works some areas may experience a temporary interruption to their water supply. Click on the heading above for a list of areas and a schedule of times and dates.
- Planned works - Interruption to water supply 14 Oct 2012
Planned work is to be carried out on the Corporation’s main water supply line near Westernport Water's office in Newhaven on Phillip Island between 11.30pm Wednesday 17 & 5am Thursday 18 Oct.
- Community invited to find out about water and wastewater plans for the future 4 Oct 2012
Westernport Water is pleased to invite the community to attend its Annual Open Forum on Thursday 18 Oct, between 5.30 -7.30pm.
- Five year Water Plan completed 2 Oct 2012
Westernport Water today released its final Water Plan which identifies key plans in relation to water and wastewater services for the 2013 - 2018 period.
- Increased Flows to Guys Creek Corinella 20 Sep 2012
Westernport Water will be releasing flows of treated effluent into Guys Creek at Corinella, following approval from the Victorian Environmental Protection Authority.
- Customers have their say! 19 Sep 2012
Westernport Water annual Customer Satisfaction Survey will be conducted between the 3-16 October 2012. The survey is completely anonymous, providing customers with an opportunity to provide feedback on our service and performance.
- Westernport Water Annual Report shows a strong financial position 18 Sep 2012
The report highlights Westernport Water's significant investment in water security and shows the Corporation's commitment to developing local water and wastewater solutions.
- New Appointments to the Board of Directors 9 Sep 2012
The appointment of a new Chairperson and 3 new Directors to the Board of Westernport Water have been announced by the Water Minister Peter Walsh. Trevor Nink is appointed the new Chairman with the three Board of Directors including John Duscher, Carol Pagnon, Guy Wilson-Browne.
- Recycled water improves Phillip Island's water security 4 Sep 2012
Officially opened on Monday 3 September, the Phillip Island Recycled Water Scheme will benefit residents and commercial customers on Phillip Island.
- Environment and Sustainability is alive on the the Island 28 Aug 2012
Rhyll Trout and Bush Tucker Farm wins the Environment and Sustainability award sponsored by Westernport Water.
- Westernport Water thanks the community 20 Aug 2012
Westernport Water would like to thank customers who provided feedback for Water Plan 3. The competition was drawn on 2 July 2012, and the winner, Mr Glenn Preusker of Phillip Island, was recently presented with the water-efficient dishwasher by our Managing Director, Murray Jackson.
- Small business and household water rebates extended 8 Jul 2012
On Friday Minister for Walsh announced the extention of the Living Victoria Water Rebate Program. Media release attached.
- Release of Draft Water Plan 3 7 Jun 2012
View our proposed plans for Water Plan 3 and provide your feedback
- Get Snapping! 25 May 2012
Photo Competition entries now open.
Capture the importance of water and conserving it for our future.
- Water Plan 3 - Community Consultation Sessions 26 Mar 2012
Have your say on the future water management for our region
- Effective water treatment reduces chemicals 7 Mar 2012
Transition to the alternative water treatment process called 'Chloramination' has delivered very positive results for Westernport Water customers.
- New Water Restriction by-law 1 Mar 2012
Westernport Water adopts new Model Water Restriction by-law
- Appointments to the Boards of Victoria's Water Corporations 19 Feb 2012
The Victorian Government invites suitably qualified and experienced people to register an expression of interest for board director positions for the 19 Victorian water corporations.
- Westernport Water provides valuable experience for students 16 Feb 2012
Westernport Water has employed two university students for extended work placement as part of its participation in Monash University Gippsland Campus’ Industry Placement Program.
- New range available in Showerhead Exchange Program 12 Feb 2012
Westernport Water is extending its free Showerhead Exchange Program to local business and corporate customers, as well as offering an expanded range of models.
- Award available for sustainable schools 7 Feb 2012
Westernport Water is encouraging local schools to register for the opportunity to win $1,000 as part of the savewater! online education program for environmental sustainability.
- Improved water treatment for San Remo and Phillip Island 30 Jan 2012
Customers in San Remo and Phillip Island will start receiving water treated with an improved treatment process designed to reduce chorine taste and odour in the drinking water.
- Third round of Small Business Grants announced 18 Jan 2012
Westernport Water has announced that a third round of applications will be accepted for the local Small Business Grants, beginning from 1 February 2012 and ending 31 April 2012.
- Water modeling technology helps decision making 11 Jan 2012
Westernport Water has used analysis from its hydraulic modeling system to avoid major disruption to services after the Church St water main in Cowes burst just before Christmas
- Westernport Water undertaking emergency works... 10 Jan 2012
Westernport Water will be undetaking emergency works required to repair a burst water main which may impact customers on Phillip Island.
- Westernport Water will be undetaking emergency works required to repair a burst water main which may impact customers on Phillip Island. 10 Jan 2012
Emergency works Phillip Island Road, Newhaven
- Illegal dumping of greasy waste into sewer system 9 Jan 2012
Westernport Water has experienced large quantities of oil and greasy waste appearing in the sewer system.
- Maintenance work - Rhyll Corner Sewer Pump Station 28 Dec 2011
Westernport Water will be taking the Rhyll Corner Sewer Pump Station offline today for the installation of an internal vertical pipe.
- Toilet rebate scheme flushes waste 21 Dec 2011
Save water in your home by installing a water efficient toilet as part of the Dual-flush Replacement Program!
- Tertiary scholarship program now open 21 Dec 2011
Westernport is now offering a tertiary scholarship for local students who have just finished VCE and plan to study an engineering discipline at university.
- Customer Newsletter Summer 2011/2012 20 Dec 2011
Our customer newsletter for Summer 2011/2012 is now available
- Public notice: Reports of false water quality survey 18 Dec 2011
Westernport Water (WPW) has received reports from concerned residents in the Coronet bay and Corinella area about a survey company gathering personal information regarding water quality in their area.
- Silverleaves ground boring 7 Dec 2011
Following concerns raised in Bass Coast Shire’s Domestic Waste Water Management Plan, Westernport Water is working with the Shire to test the quality of the groundwater in the Silverleaves area.
- Public notice: new Permanent Water Saving Rules 4 Dec 2011
The new Permanent Water Saving Rules consists of five simple and easy-to remember rules, which will ensure the efficient use of water and avoid water wastage on a permanent, ongoing basis. These rules will be consistent across all of Victoria.
- Customer survey provides valuable feedback 24 Nov 2011
Westernport Water has finished compiling the results from its 2011 annual customer satisfaction survey, giving a great insight into what its customers want from their water & waste water services.
- Water Quality Report 2011 released 21 Nov 2011
Westernport Water has released its 2010/2011 Annual Water Quality Report, providing a broad overview of all water testing and water quality results over the past year.
- Improved water treatment for San Remo and Phillip Island 14 Nov 2011
Customers in San Remo and Phillip Island will soon receive water treated with an improved treatment process designed to reduce chorine taste and odour in the drinking water. Westernport Water is looking to begin the transition to the new treatment process across its entire supply in the coming months.
- Draft Water Supply Demand Strategy available for review 14 Nov 2011
Westernport Water’s draft Water Supply Demand Strategy (WSDS) is now available for public comment. The WSDS outlines a robust plan to balance the demand for water and the water resources available to our region.
- Air scouring maintenance program: 14 November - 3 December 2011 13 Nov 2011
As part of its continuing work on improving water quality, Westernport Water is once again running its air scouring maintenance program.
- Huge community response for National Water Week 2011 26 Oct 2011
National Water Week 2011 was a great success with Westernport Water conducting a number of activities for the community throughout the week.
- Permanent Water Saving Rules community consultation 17 Oct 2011
Westernport Water is proposing to make variations to the Permanent Water Saving Plans under section 170B of the Water Act 1989 in line with the recommendation of a state-wide review of the current Permanent Water Saving Rules in place across Victoria.
- Student's artistic flair swamps Westernport Water 13 Oct 2011
Westernport Water has been flooded with responses for its Annual Poster Competition for National Water Week 2011.
- New drinking stations installed 13 Oct 2011
Westernport Water has provided the community with a convenient way to fill up their water bottles, launching three custom drinking stations in San Remo and Cowes.
- Westernport Water welcomes the community to its Annual Open Forum 5 Oct 2011
Westernport Water is pleased to invite the community to attend its Annual Open Forum for 2011.
- Westernport Water has a new look 21 Sep 2011
Westernport Water is currently refreshing its image so that our customers can easily identify us when we are out serving the community.
- Westernport Water shows healthy profit in 2011 Annual Report 15 Sep 2011
Continued development of information systems and infrastructure has paid dividends for Westernport Water with the release of its annual report showing a healthy profit of $2.1 million in 2010/11.
- 'Sustainable Phillip Island' Brochure 15 Sep 2011
Westernport Water has participated in creating the brochure 'Sustainable Phillip Island', providing information to residents and visitors on how they can promote sustainability in their lives on Phillip Island.
- Westernport Water supports Sustaining Coastal Communities Awards 2011 12 Sep 2011
Westernport Water has joined other conservation groups in celebrating Phillip Island’s sustainability achievements at the 2011 Sustaining Coastal Communities Awards.
- Appointments to Melbourne region water boards 6 Sep 2011
Water Minister Peter Walsh today announced the appointment of new directors to the boards of Melbourne’s water corporations, including Westernport Water.
- Customer input creates service improvements 24 Aug 2011
Westernport Water is preparing to conduct the annual customer satisfaction survey that gathers information and influences improvements for the organisation's service delivery.
- Public Notice: Extra Flows for Guys Creek Corinella 16 Aug 2011
Westernport Water will be releasing flows of treated wastewater into Guys Creek at Corinella, following approval from Victorian Environmental Protection Authority.
- Water rebates make a saving success 4 Aug 2011
Westernport Water has helped the community save over 100 million litres of water as a result of water rebate and exchange programs in the region.
- Small Business Grants to help community 1 Aug 2011
Westernport Water has secured funding for a Small Business Grants Scheme, designed to help local industry invest in water saving measures.
- Coaltion extends water rebates to small businesses 19 Jul 2011
Small businesses will be eligible for new rebates on water efficient products for the first time
under a Victorian Coalition Government plan to help reduce potable water usage, Minister for
Water Peter Walsh said today
- International water engineer learns from locals 9 Jul 2011
Westernport Water is committed to strengthening international ties with the Australian water industry, receiving a visit from Sharmila Acharya, a Canadian engineer.
- Candowie Reservoir stands strong through earthquake 7 Jul 2011
The recent 4.4 magnitude earthquake near Korrumburra on Tuesday 5 July was only 20km from the Candowie Reservoir, which supplies water to townships around Westernport Bay and the Bass Coast.
- Access and Usage Charges 29 Jun 2011
Westernport Water has adopted the following charges for the period 1 July 2011 - 30 June 2012.
- Rebates on water-efficient products for all Victorians 29 Jun 2011
The Victorian Coalition Government will boost rebates on water-efficient products, making
them available to all Victorian households from July 1.
- Under Channel Pipeline Community Update 27 Jun 2011
Construction of the under channel pipeline is progressing well and our contractors COE Drilling indicate completion of drilling is on schedule for August 2011
- Community views sought for water plan 8 Jun 2011
Westernport Water anounces its interest in working with customers and the community when developing future water plans for the region.
- Member for Bass Inspects Under Channel Pipeline 23 May 2011
Ken Smith MP shows a keen interest in water management and the future plans to secure water supply to Phillip Island
- New Booklet Drives Deep Into Bass River 19 May 2011
Bass River Research completed by Melbourne Water. View the know your River Fact Sheet or download the full Booklet.
- The latest Coalition Govt Water Related Media Releases 3 May 2011
Media Release: Coalition Govt delivers $91 million for positive water reform
- Old infastructure finds new purpose 2 May 2011
Investigative works on an abandoned water main have been hailed a success.
- Record autumn rains fill Candowie Reservoir 13 Apr 2011
Candowie Reservoir is now 100% full, thanks to record rains falling over the catchment in the last 4 days.
- Operating hours for Easter / Anzac Day 11 Apr 2011
Customers please note our office and depot will be closed Good Friday - 22 April, Easter Monday - 25 April and Anzac Day - 26 April. 24 hour Emergency service is availabe every day of the year - ph: 1800249090.
- Investigative work begins 6 Apr 2011
Phillip Island Recycled Water Scheme begins investigative works on abandoned water main to determine its suitabiltiy for use as a sleve to carry the new purple pipe for class A distribution into the Cowes CBD
- Planned Service Interruption - Corinella area 4 Apr 2011
Fire plug renewal, Thursday 7/4/2011, 9:00am - 11:00am,
property owners notified via cards delivered on 5/4/2011, and mailbox distribution to Corinella General Store
- Notice to residents 30 Mar 2011
Surveyors will be mapping GPS locations of water assets in the Weternport Water region over the comming weeks.
- Expressions of Interest 29 Mar 2011
We invite Expressions of Interest from members of the community within our region who would like to join our Community Consultative Pannel.
- Situation Vacant - External Indepentent Member of the Audit and Risk Committee 29 Mar 2011
The Audit & Risk Committee of Westernport Water is seeking a suitably experienced and qualified person for the newly created position of External Independent Member of the committee.
- Community Information Evening 28 Mar 2011
Come and find out about the Under Channel Pipeline Project and the Future of Water Supply to Phillip Island. Wednesday 30 March 7pm at the San Remo Community Recreation Reserve Wynne rd.
- Securing Phillip Island's Water Future 15 Mar 2011
Security of water supply is to be made more reliable by the construction of an under channel pipe line. Construction is scheduled to begin in April.
- The need for feed 2 Mar 2011
Hundreds of hay bales head for flood affected farmers in Northern Victoria. Courtesy of Westernport Water
- Customer Newsletter Autum 2011 1 Mar 2011
Open this link to view our latest customer newsletter
- YAMS Charity Golf Day 22 Feb 2011
A hole in one for kids cancer...
The Annual Charity Golf Day at the Phillip Island Golf Club hits off Friday, March 26.
For more information and registration forms - check out the full story
- Information for Plumbers 7 Feb 2011
Plumbers get free training on the Plumbing Industry Commissions e-Toolbox computer systems at Westernport Water on February 24, check out this story for more information.
- Planned Interruption to Water Supplies 11 Jan 2011
January 20 12am to 4am
Attention: Residents of Kilcunda, Dalyston, Powlet River & Archies Creek
- Water supply services fully restored 22 Dec 2010
Phillip Island residents please note services have been fully restored.
- Burst water main supplying Phillip Island 21 Dec 2010
Customer update - Water supply to the Phillip Island area restored at approximately 11.55pm on the 21/12/2010. Find out more.....
- Operating hours for the holiday break 7 Dec 2010
All customers please note our operating hours over the Christmas and New Year periods have changed. Read more...
- Westernport Water benefit from community input! 24 Nov 2010
Westernport Water's Annual Open forum 2010 took place on Thursday 18 November and was a great success with strong community attendance.
- Customers to be surveyed about recycled water 21 Nov 2010
Survey to take place amongst a sample of Westernport Water customers regarding recycled water between 23 and 30 November.
- Open Forum - Next Week 7 Nov 2010
Westernport Water opens its doors. The Annual Open Forum is scheduled for Thursday 18 November 5-7pm - Plumbers forum from 3.30pm - Find out more...
- Westernport Water wins global accolade 4 Nov 2010
Awarded first prize in the category for Innovation in Water and Wastewater for integration of corporate systems, creating a live, accurate, and sustainable water model.
- Marathon success generates $5000 for Charity 25 Oct 2010
It was a running success for the Phillip Island team supporting the YAMS Foundation, with all starting members completing the gruelling 41.195km Melbourne Marathon
- Water - Live it!, Learn It! 24 Oct 2010
Newhaven Primary School grade 3/4 celebrate National Water Week with a water education tour of Candowie Reservoir and Water Purification Plant
- Many Sources, Many Uses, Everyone's Responsibility 20 Oct 2010
National Water Week Poster competition student finalists and recent presentation to San Remo Primary School and students
- Enhancing Phillip Island Wildlife Corridor 19 Oct 2010
Tree planting during National Water Week to benefit the Phillip Island Wildlife Corridor.
- Ride to Work Day 2010 18 Oct 2010
Westernport Water employees use peddle power to travel to work for ride to work day.
- Westernport Water Opens it's Doors 8 Oct 2010
2010 Open forum is scheduled for Thursday 18 November 5-7pm
- Plumbers keep up to date courtesy of Westernport Water 6 Oct 2010
Plumbers Forum an industry information session on 18 November, read more
- Planned Interruption to Water Supply 5 Oct 2010
Air scouring maintenance program, planned works from 19 October, affected townships include Cowes, Silverleaves, Wimbledon Heights and Ventnor.
- 35 Years A Service Milestone 4 Oct 2010
Breaking records! Stephen Forster recognised for 35 years of service
- Feedback Generates Service Improvements 3 Oct 2010
Customer satisfaction and how you can influence improvements for the organisation's service delivery.... Find out more
- Non Residential Water Efficiency - Proposed Permanent Water Saving Measures 27 Sep 2010
Increasing water efficiency in Victoria's non residential sector, and what it could mean for users that consume more than 5 million litres per annum.
- Sustainable growth shown in Annual Report 15 Sep 2010
Now available online
- "Westernport Water Employee Wins National Award for Excellence" 14 Sep 2010
Dianne Mackenzie receives Industry recognition for excellence in the use and development of an Open Spatial ACDC
- Toilet Retrofit Program 8 Sep 2010
Replace your single-flush or less efficient dual-flush toilet with a high efficiency dual flush toilet. Save money and the environment. Bookings from 1 October 2010
- Hydration Station providing water on the move 7 Sep 2010
Westernport Water is looking forward to supplying water at various local commmunity events via a new mobile water trailer
- Recycling water for a greener Island 2 Sep 2010
Water too precious to flush away! Studies being undertaken to identify the benefits of recycling water...
- Candowie Continues to Overflow 6 Aug 2010
Record rain fall, reservoir continues to overflow
- Candowie Reservoir refill's at record rate 4 Aug 2010
Candowie Reservoir spills as a result of recent rainfall.
- Running for YAMS 4 Aug 2010
Westernport Water backs local team running to raise money for the YAMS charity, check out how to sponsor the team or donate to the cause.
- Westernport Water and the Landcare Urban Garden Awards 2010 12 Jul 2010
Ventnor gardener Leela Maki wins first prize in the Westernport Water sponsored annual Landcare Urban Garden Awards.
- National Ploughing Championships 2010 30 Jun 2010
Phillip Island is the location for the 2010 National Ploughing Championships.
- Bass Coast SuperPages Business Awards 23 Jun 2010
The Bass Coast SuperPages Business Awards 2010 were held on Tuesday 22 June at Silverwater Resort, San Remo.
- Honouring the late Ian Bartlett 21 Jun 2010
A celebration ‘re-commemorating’ the life and achievements of the late Ian Bartlett was held on Friday 18 June at Candowie Reservoir and the Ian Bartlett Water Purification Plant in Almurta.
- Careers Expo 21 Jun 2010
Westernport Water staff from its human resources and industry teams recently took part in Newhaven College’s first Careers Expo.
- Sustainable Living Festival 14 Jun 2010
Growing bigger each year the Sustainable Living Festival held at Cowes Cultural Centre on Saturday 5 June was a huge success in showcasing community action on local sustainability issues and renewable energy systems.
- Westernport Water gets $2.5m federal grant for recycled water 10 Jun 2010
Westernport Region Water Corporation has been awarded a $2.85 million federal grant to develop new wastewater treatment processes that will lessen the demand on local drinking water supplies.
- Trigger nozzle exchange program 2 Jun 2010
Westernport Water has limited supplies of free trigger nozzles.
- Tenders invited for Westernport Water 11 May 2010
Tenders are invited by Westernport Region Water Corporation (the Corporation) from suitably qualified individuals or organisations for the supply and installation of a secure microwave network to connect the Corporation’s key assets for SCADA, voice and data communications.
- Westernport Water donates computers 11 May 2010
Newhaven College received a boost to its Information Technology Department with Westernport Water donating 20 computers and 11 monitors.
- Hands-on experience 3 May 2010
Westernport Water enjoys giving something back to the community especially when it gets the opportunity to provide guidance and specialist advice to the leaders of tomorrow.
- Dual celebration at Westernport Water 22 Apr 2010
Westernport Water today recognised two of its people with awards for their long service.
- Storages Hit 100% 7 Apr 2010
Candowie Reservoir refills in record time, good news for customers.
- Golfers join fight against cancer 18 Mar 2010
Phillip Island and district golfers are invited to join with the Phillip Island-based You Are My Sunshine (YAMS) Foundation to raise money for research and treatment of the childhood cancer, neuroblastoma.
- Plumbers Industry training for e-toolbox computer system 4 Feb 2010
Free training is being offered for plumbers to learn the Plumbing Industry Commissions e-Toolbox system at Westernport Water on February 24.
- Westernport Water operating hours over the holiday break 11 Dec 2009
All Westernport Water customers, please note our operating hours and contact numbers over the Christmas/New Year break.
- Water wise survey - and the winner is... 11 Dec 2009
Congratulations to Mrs Lynne Cole of Phillip Island.
- Water fluoridation in the Westernport Water drinking water system 9 Dec 2009
The Secretary of the Department of Human Services has instructed Westernport Water to introduce fluoride under Section 5 (1) of the Health Fluoridation Act 1973.
- Improved water quality treatment – second trial 20 Nov 2009
Properties in Corinella, Coronet Bay and Tenby Point have been chosen for a water quality treatment trial designed to reduce the chlorine taste and odour in the drinking water.
- ‘Water works’ open forum a success 19 Nov 2009
They came, they saw and they left knowing a lot more about how ‘water works’ in the Bass Coast region.
- Westernport Water and the Landcare Urban Garden Awards 18 Nov 2009
Clever use of microclimates and wildlife habitats created from reclaimed materials were a feature of the prize winning urban garden at the Phillip Island Landcare Urban Awards, presented on Saturday, 14 November.
- Water quality up complaints down 18 Nov 2009
Westernport Water customer complaints about water quality are well down on last year’s figures according to the Corporation’s latest Annual Drinking Water Quality Report 2008/09.
- Interruption to water supplies - pipe cleaning maintenance for better quality water 9 Nov 2009
Westernport Water will undertake annual water mains pipe cleaning from Wednesday 11 November until Thursday 19 November. Works will affect premises with a reticulated water supply at Corinella, Coronet Bay, Dalyston, Archies Creek, Kilcunda, San Remo, Tenby Point, Bass, Grantville, Pioneer Bay and Woolamai.
- Not so scary chainsaws - ready for the bushfire season 30 Oct 2009
No it isn’t the set for the latest Hollywood schlock-fest. Westernport Water teamed up with the Rotary Club of Phillip Island and San Remo so that eight of its members could undertake chainsaw training.
- Westernport Water opens its doors to the public 30 Oct 2009
Westernport Water is inviting all its customers to attend an annual open forum from 5pm-7pm on Thursday, 19 November 2009.
- Westernport Water office and depot closed for Melbourne Cup 27 Oct 2009
All Westernport Water customers - Please be advised that the office and depot will be closed for the Melbourne Cup Public Holiday on Tuesday 3 November 2009.
- Westernport Water shows profit in 2009 annual report 14 Oct 2009
Keeping costs under control has paid dividends for Westernport Water with its newly released annual report showing the organisation recorded a modest net profit* of AUD$2.985 million in 2008/09.
- Interruption to Water Supply 9 Oct 2009
Westernport Region Water Corporation will be undertaking planned essential maintenance work on the Corinella Road water mains serving Corinella, Coronet Bay and Tenby Point.
- National Water Week – flow restrictor giveaway 9 Oct 2009
National Water Week runs from 18 October – 24 October 2009. This year’s theme is ‘securing our water future’. To celebrate, Westernport Water is giving away free outdoor flow restrictors to customers who visit the Newhaven office.
- Environmental health community grants 9 Oct 2009
Community grants aimed at improving environmental health are now available.
- Smart Water Fund Round 7 now open for applications 5 Oct 2009
The Smart Water Fund has AUD$2 million worth of funding available for innovative water management projects across Victoria.
- Improve your service by telling us what you think 30 Sep 2009
Westernport Water is gearing up to run its annual customer satisfaction survey that influences improvements for the organisation’s service delivery.
- Spring rains fill reservoir before summer season 29 Sep 2009
The heavy rains may have soaked supporters during the AFL Grand Final but it was more than welcome in Westernport, which has now secured its supply for summer.
- Water meter readers visit from 1 October 23 Sep 2009
Meter readers from Westernport Water will be visiting over 14,000 customers in October 2009.
- Water treatment trial a winner – and a stayer 20 Sep 2009
Chloramination of water in the Kilcunda region will continue indefinitely following a successful trial to improve water quality by Westernport Water.
- Water-quality monitoring goes 24/7 10 Aug 2009
Better water quality went live last month when Westernport Water activated its fully computerised monitoring system.
- Water price hike slows for local customers 8 Jul 2009
Water bills for Westernport Water customers will rise slower than those of Melbourne-based water users over the next four years, according to newly released State Government figures.
- Pipe upgrade works at Archies Creek 14 Jun 2009
Water supplies to Archies Creek will be interrupted on Thursday, June 18 as Westernport Water teams update local water mains.
- Computer system showpiece for international conference 4 Jun 2009
Westernport Water has been selected as the host site for an international conference this month.
- International water research call for local teens 31 May 2009
Westernport Water is seeking teens with a passion for water – it could see them going to Stockholm next year.
- Blokes blitz bakeoff in Westernport Water charity cuppa 31 May 2009
The boys blitzed the bakeoff at Westernport Water’s annual Australian Biggest Morning Tea last week.
- Westernport Water opens up with online board reports 4 May 2009
Customers of Westernport Water now have a ‘virtual’ invitation into the corporation’s boardroom – a monthly report of board business is freely available online.
- Water treatment trial to curb the chlorine 4 May 2009
About 600 properties at Archies Creek, Kilcunda and Dalyston have been chosen for a treatment trial designed to reduce the chlorine taste and smell in water.
- Water curbs as valves replaced 27 Apr 2009
Water carters are being asked to curb their use of Westernport Water standpipes on May 6 as staff undertake major work on the water mains in the Glen Forbes/Bass area.
- State Government report puts the ‘oughta’ into water 8 Apr 2009
Victoria’s-best for sewerage, with improvements due in water supply and work underway on water quality ... that’s Westernport Water’s scorecard in a newly released State Government report.
- Westernport Water computer system is international conference showpiece 7 Apr 2009
Westernport Water has been selected as the host site for an international conference this month.
- Ease the tree squeeze 1 Apr 2009
The dry summer has seen an increase in tree roots invading pipes, especially in the Ventnor region, according to Westernport Water.
- Calling all water-saving stars 18 Mar 2009
Westernport Water is seeking entrants for the seventh national savewater! awards®.
- No more pining for pines 18 Mar 2009
Native trees have replaced aging pines at Westernport Water’s Wimbledon Heights facility.
- Lower water use despite record summer crowds 18 Mar 2009
Record crowds of tourists to Phillip Island and surrounds did not mean a huge rise in water use over summer, according to Westernport Water data.
- Come clean with showerhead giveway 4 Mar 2009
Save money and cut water use with a free, low-flow showerhead from Westernport Water.
- Westernport Water opens its doors to the public 11 Feb 2009
Westernport Water is inviting all its customers to attend an annual open forum from 5pm-7pm on Thursday, 19 November 2009.
- Hay donated to fire-hit farmers 8 Feb 2009
Westernport Water this morning agreed to donate a semi-trailer load of hay to fire-struck Victorian farmers.
- Wildlife booms in Westernport Water eco-survey 28 Jan 2009
Revegetating Westernport Water’s sites with native plants is starting to reap rewards – with bird and animal sightings more than doubling in some areas.
- Memory-jogger for garden watering times 11 Jan 2009
Keen gardeners now have a five-word memory jogger to remind them of watering hours, as part of Westernport Water’s summer water-saver campaign.
- Don’t waste your waste water: Westernport’s advice 21 Dec 2008
Westernport Water has launched its summer save-water campaign with a reminder not to waste your waste water.
- Water upgrade 15 months ahead of schedule 18 Dec 2008
Westernport Water has fully automated seven sewer pump stations, and will complete the first part of an upgrade 15 months ahead of time.
- Farm talk taps into water quality at source 7 Dec 2008
Westernport Water explained the impact farming has on water quality at a recent farm field day.
- Westernport Water shines in statewide tally 2 Dec 2008
The annual scorecard among Victoria’s regional water authorities for customer complaints ranks Westernport Water second-lowest.
- Cost curbs count for water customers 24 Nov 2008
Tighter controls curbed Westernport Water’s operational costs in 2007/08, even amid drought-beating capital works, according to the corporation’s newly released annual report.
- Praise for public patience during pipe scouring 24 Nov 2008
The year’s biggest pipe maintenance works for Westernport Water are complete and 11,000 households should soon be noticing better-quality water.
- Plumbing forum discovers what’s new down the tubes 17 Nov 2008
District plumbers discovered what’s new down the tubes at the inaugural Westernport Water plumbers’ forum last week.
- Westernport Water wants your opinions 10 Nov 2008
Westernport Water is conducting its annual customer satisfaction survey for two weeks.
- New-look water bills for November 9 Nov 2008
Westernport Water is introducing new-look bills and tariffs to encourage waterwise customers.
- Come clean with showerhead giveway 9 Nov 2008
Save money and cut water use with a free, low-flow showerhead from Westernport Water.
- Grow a greener business ... for free 4 Nov 2008
Local businesses can grow greener with a free forum hosted by Westernport Water on November 18.
- State honour for young artist in water competition 20 Oct 2008
A poster designed by a San Remo primary student has been named runner-up in a statewide poster competition supported by Westernport Water.
- Plumbers get on down with Westernport Water 20 Oct 2008
District plumbers will be offered the opportunity to catch up with the latest in their industry at the Westernport Water plumbers’ forum next month.
- HR leader joins Westernport Water 20 Oct 2008
A new Westernport Water director brings her experience in human resource management to the regional water supplier.
- Water website upgrade underway 28 Sep 2008
Westernport Water is undertaking website maintenance and the site might not be available for short periods over the next few weeks.
- Air scouring ahead for Westernport Water customers 25 Sep 2008
Westernport Water will undertake annual pipe cleaning in October, affecting all premises on Phillip Island and San Remo with reticulated water supply.
- New Chair appointed for Westernport Water 25 Sep 2008
Local resident Tony Leonard has been appointed Chairman of Westernport Water from October 1, 2008.
- Overnight works to improve water supply 1 Sep 2008
Westernport Water crews will be working overnight September 10-11, completing works to improve water quality in Corinella, Tenby Point and Coronet Bay.
- Young artists go with the flow for National Water Week 31 Aug 2008
Local students can go with the flow for National Water Week and win great prizes in a poster art competition.
- More scrutiny for Candowie water inflows 20 Aug 2008
Water flowing into Candowie Reservoir will now come under greater scrutiny as Westernport Water widens its range of raw water checks.
- Westernport Water lifts stage 2 restrictions 18 Aug 2008
WATERWISE ways have proven a winner for Westernport Water customers; there is now enough water to supply all the region’s needs until next winter.
- Water to burn: Bass River pumps turned off 5 Aug 2008
Westernport Water suspended pumping of the Bass River after good rain brought Candowie Reservoir to 90% capacity this week.
- Rainwater tank checks urged after water scare 3 Aug 2008
Westernport Water is urging owners of rainwater tanks to check their plumbing following a recent investigation.
- Eco-study supports Bass River pump plan 17 Jul 2008
An independent ecological report into the health of the Bass River supports Westernport Water’s pumping licence application.
- New charges for Westernport Water Customers 2 Jul 2008
Melbourne Water's area of responsibility for the management of waterways, drainage and floodplains has been extended to include part of Westernport Water service area. The management of these waterways will be funded through an annual property-based 'Waterways Charge'. This charge affects property owners only and will be billed each year in July by Westernport Water on behalf of Melbourne Water.
- Water pressure lowered for maintenance works 27 Jun 2008
Water pressure on Phillip Island will be lower on July 9-10 as Westernport Water crews undertake works to improve supply.
- Westernport Water scholarship winner graduates 19 Jun 2008
THE first Westernport Water scholarship-holder has graduated from Monash University.
- New Westernport Water computer to 'ping' the pong 19 Jun 2008
A new computer control system will help Westernport Water control smelly sewer pipes.