Westernport Water is proud to announce that thirteen local not-for-profit organisations, including community groups, sporting clubs and schools will receive over $30,000 in sponsorship funding through our Community Support Program.
The Community Support Program provides applicants with a fair and equal chance to secure support for projects and initiatives around the key themes of Healthy People, Healthy Communities and a Healthy Planet.
Quotes attributed to Paul Donohue, Acting Managing Director of Westernport Water
“I would like to thank all the community groups, schools and sporting clubs who took the time to apply for funding support for this financial year.”
“Westernport Water is sponsoring some very interesting projects that support water efficiency and sustainability, including the planting of native trees, the installation of a bush tucker garden, weed control and re-vegetation projects, and initiatives to support community wellbeing.”
“Westernport Water is a long-time supporter of the community and we are proud to be able to support community organisations to deliver projects, activities and events that contribute to the community and environmental wellbeing.”
“For those that missed the opportunity this time round, I’m pleased to announce that we are including the Community Support Program as an annual program, and we will be seeking applications in June for funding support in 2021-22.”
Congratulations to the following organisations:
- Bass Coast Landcare Network
- Corinella & District Community Centre
- Coronet Bay Community Garden
- National Vietnam Veterans Museum
- Our Lady Star of the Sea Primary School
- Phillip Island Community & Learning Centre
- Phillip Island Early Learning Centre
- Phillip Island Landcare Group
- Powlett River Primary School
- Rhyll Coast Action
- San Remo Primary School
- Woolamai Beach Surf Life Saving Club
- Woolamai Recreation Reserve.