Continued development of information systems and infrastructure has paid dividends for Westernport Water with the release of its annual report showing a healthy profit of $2.1 million in 2010/11.
- Implementation of a Global Information System (GIS) database and a System Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) control system which enables remote monitoring of all water and sewerage systems.
- International acclaim for Westernport Water systems engineer Dean Jagoe, who was awarded first prize in the Bentley Systems Be Inspired award for Innovation in Water and Wastewater, for his work in integrating corporate systems to create a live accurate and sustainable water model.
- Continued community support with the introduction of a Hydration Station, made available to the community, clubs and sporting organisations, helping add value to events through the provision of fresh drinking water.
- Achievement of a second consecutive full year without lost time injury, reflecting well on existing work culture and showing the benefits of investment in training and job planning.
- Our third consecutive year without water restrictions through good rainfall volumes and continuing water conservation from our customers.
- Completion of significant maintenance program including scouring the main water supply line, delivering significant water quality benefits to the community.