Construction of the under channel pipeline is progressing well and our contractors COE Drilling indicate completion of drilling is on schedule for August 2011
- In addition to the 450mm diameter water supply main there is a 180mm drill hole which allows for return of the drilling mud
- The 180mm hole is complete and high density polyethylene pipe (HDPE) has been pulled through. This pipeline, as well as acting as a mud return line recycling the drilling waste during construction will be ultimately used as a service main for gas, electricity or broadband cable
- The construction of the 450mm hole is in progress using a hole expansion reamer, which gradually increases the size of the pipeline.
- Delivery of 900 metres of 450mm diameter HDPE water pipe was received in San Remo on 20 June
- Coe Drilling anticipate completing the installation of the 450mm water main by the end of August 2011
- Westernport Water will then connect the new pipeline to the existing water main during September. No interruptions to supply are envisaged.
- During drilling some minor disruptions were experienced near the San Remo foreshore and park area due to the highly disturbed and fractured nature of the ground.
- Westernport Water would like to reassure everyone that our contractors COE Drilling will fully reinstate the Newhaven Reserve and San Remo foreshore and park areas after completion of the drilling process