On Friday Minister for Walsh announced the extention of the Living Victoria Water Rebate Program. Media release attached.
Home and garden rebates
· Rainwater tank connected to toilet OR laundry (tank size 2,000 to 3,999 litres) –$850 (previously $500)
· Rainwater tank connected to toilet OR laundry (tank size 4,000 litres or greater) –$1,300 (previously $900)
· Rainwater tank connected to toilet AND laundry (tank size 4,000 litres or greater) –$1,500 (previously $1,000)
· Tank to Toilet and/or Laundry Connection Rebate – now $500 (previously $200)
- Eligibility for small business rebates have now been extended to include businesses that employ up to 50 full time equivalent (FTE) employees (previously up to 20 FTE employees).
- Small businesses can now make multiple claims over the life of the program to receive the maximum rebate of $2000 (still only one rebate but multiple claims to receive the full rebate).
- Minimum requirements of dishwashers have been classified into commercial/industrial and domestic models. This is to better clarify requirements for applicants and to acknowledge the many types of models in the market relevant to different businesses.
- Minimum requirements flow requirements for Commercial High Pressure Water Cleaners have been increased to a flow rate of 15 litres per minute (previously 9 litres per minute). Feedback from the industry and water corporations has shown that this standard better reflects the models currently available in the market for commercial and industrial purposes.