Westernport Water Environment Policy
The Westernport Water Environmental Policy provides a framework for environmental actions and for setting of environmental objectives and environmental targets. The policy will drive the development and implementation of the Environmental Management System (EMS) to continually improve our environmental performance.
Westernport Water will:
- meet legislative environmental requirements, improve environmental performance, recognise sustainable opportunities within its business and strive for best practice environmental management
- manage environmental aspects of its business to prevent pollution, through the use of an accredited EMS and training of staff and contractor
- set targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and improve environmental performance
- engage and consult with the community on environmental policy and performance against KPIs, and work with stakeholders to identify and participate in sustainable solutions to regional environmental issues
- utilise the waste hierarchy to maximise efficient use of resources through sustainable business decisions by implementing an integrated environmental management system
- encourage its staff, contractors and suppliers, working for and on behalf of Westernport Water, to strive for excellence in environmental management.