Westernport Water is a sustainable enterprise providing quality products and services to our community.
We provide water and wastewater products and services, and advisory services, all of which are cost-effective for our customers and deliver triple bottom line results to our stakeholders. We value working in our region which is a model for a self-sustainable community; balancing residential, agricultural, tourism and commercial needs. We support our environment by striving for carbon neutrality and providing a sustainable range of water products. We proudly engage our community and stakeholders, and are committed to the development and well-being of our staff.
Our six key focus areas, which provide specific intent for the development of our business objectives over the five-year period are:
- Our corporate governance Maintain the integrity and value of our business through sound governance and financial management.
- Our products and services Provide cost-effective, quality products and services that complement our core business and meet our community’s needs.
- Our assets Enable the reliable and cost-effective delivery of products and services to our customers.
- Our community Be a valued member of the community.
- Our environment Be an environmentally sustainable organisation, reducing our environmental footprint.
- Our people Be an innovative, high performance organisation with a reputation that is valued by current and prospective employees.
What is a water plan?
The purpose of a water plan is to propose a set of expenditure forecasts, service standards, and pricing structures for a five-year period commencing 1 July 2008.
The water plan sets the tariffs for Westernport Water’s regulated services for the 2008-2013 period for approval by the Essential Services Commission.
The proposals contained in the water plan have been developed to comply with various government department requirements, regulatory instruments and governing legislations. These include:
- The Minister for Water
- The Treasurer
- Environment Protection Agency (EPA)
- Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Essential Services Commission (ESC)
The regulators establish the obligation and performance requirements of the water businesses. The water plan details how Westernport Water intends to comply with the regulators requirements.
Copies of the water plan are provided to all of the regulators and other stakeholders and is available below or in hard copy from the office.
Download a pdf copy of the Water Plan (final submission) 2008-2013 (891 KB) document in full.